The CSDC programming committee has been hard at work for the last several months reviewing proposals from strong, experienced leaders within the charter sector who have insightful, timely, and critical content to share.
We are proud to share the culmination of this work: the complete 2023 CSDC Conference program, which includes:
- 100+ breakout sessions
- 6 3-hour Workshops
- 6 exhibit hall Learning Labs
- 5 full-day Summits
- 2-day Leadership Update Presentation
New in 2023! Summits and Workshops
In 2023, CSDC is proud to offer Summits and Workshops, long-form presentation formats scheduled for the first day of the conference, Wednesday, November 8.
Summits and Workshops are included in full conference registration or the Wednesday single-day rate but participation requires reserving your seat.
Learn more about these exciting opportunities and reserve your Summit or workshop seat below!
Summits | Wednesday, November 8, 9:30AM-4:00PM
Summits are focused on a particular topic or role within a charter organization:
- Governance Summit: Critical Training for Charter School Board Members and School Leaders
- Charter School Accountability: What Administrators Need to Know about LCAPs, the Dashboard, and Charter Renewal
- Thriving Leadership Teams = Thriving Schools
- Character Creation: Build Your Leadership Style from the Ground Up
- Shifting Mindsets, Changing Culture: Systems that Support All Students
Note: lunch will be served to Summit participants and CSDC will host a Welcome Happy Hour that participants are encouraged to attend.
Workshops | Wednesday, November 8, 1:00-4:00PM:
Workshops are offered exclusively on Wednesday, November 8 in a 3-hour format, allowing for an in-depth exploration of the content:
- Handling Tough Complaints: Strategies for Meeting Legal Requirements while Defusing Escalating Situations
- Countdown to Ethnic Studies Graduation Requirement: Preparing for Successful Implementation
- Unrealized Impact 2.0: The Hard Truth about Where We Are and Ways to Move Forward
- Using Strategic Communications to Win Your Renewal, Appeal, or Approval
- Mastering Student Recruitment, Enrollment, and Retention Strategies
- Thoughtful Fundraising for Charter Schools: Equity-centered Strategies for Filling Funding Gaps
Note: lunch will not be served to Workshop participants but CSDC will host a Welcome Happy Hour that participants are encouraged to attend.
What programming is included in my conference registration?
CSDC Conference registration includes access to multiple programming formats including multiple in-depth full-day training Summits or Workshops, over 100 breakout sessions, and, of course, CSDC’s multi-day Leadership Update Presentation, a comprehensive analysis of the current, major fiscal, policy, and regulatory trends affecting California charter schools. Learn more.
Not yet registered? Don’t miss out on the highest quality professional development available to California charter leaders. Explore the newly-released 2023 CSDC conference program and register by the October 6 Back to School deadline to save*!