Is your charter school ready for the new accountability system?
Published January 27, 2017 10:28
To help California charter schools prepare for the new, high-stakes accountability system, CSDC's charter school accountability and renewal experts have designed a new event, the Accountability & LCAP Strategies Workshop, which CSDC will present throughout the state beginning February 14.
Assessing your school's readiness
This workshop is particularly intended for those schools that are currently thinking-through the many layers of the new accountability system. For example:
- Does your leadership staff understand the new high-stakes, publicly reported multiple measures replacing the API?
- Do you understand the new multi-stage sequence of assistance, including automatic triggers for authorizer and state engagement?
- Do the charter petition and Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) include strategically developed goals? Do they exclude or modify performance indicators to reflect how the Local Control Funding Formula’s (LCFF) “state priorities” apply to the school’s program?
- Are you ready to analyze performance on new multiple measures and develop concrete plans to (1) get the "easy ones" and (2) improve performance on the trickier ones?
- Where the state's new measures may not reflect your school's strengths, is your school getting ahead of the data story? Are you tracking progress on measures that are meaningful for your school and documenting evidence of growth?
- Given potentially burdensome new accountability tasks, are you streamlining and investing time where it counts most?
If your answered anything other than a resounding "Yes" to these questions, we would encourage you to join us at this workshop.
Dates & Locations
For the convenience of school leaders, CSDC will host this workshop at a number of locations throughout the state of California:
- Redding, CA | February 14, 2017 | Register by Feb. 7
- San Diego, CA | February 17, 2017 | Register by Feb. 10
- San Jose, CA | February 21, 2017 | Register by Feb. 14
- Camarillo (Ventura, CA) | February 28, 2017 | Register by Feb. 21
- Los Angeles, CA | March 6, 2017 | Register by Feb. 27
- Fresno CA | March 13, 2017 | Register by Mar. 6
The cost of registration for CSDC Members is $150 per person. Non-members may attend at the rate of $300 per person. To view additional registration information and signup for this event, please click the button below: