2019 LCAP Webinar - Register Now!
Published March 18, 2019 14:45
It’s LCAP time! The Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) process continues to evolve, with changes to the template, emerging guidance, and new related processes that aim to unite compliance elements. For many LCAP drafters, there is a lot to get a handle on this season. On Monday, April 1, CSDC will present a live workshop via video conference to cover the following topics:
11AM - 12:15PM Intro to LCAP
This portion will provide an overview to LCAP basics:
- The broader role and purpose of LCAP, as compared to other elements of charter school accountability
- Accountability for the eight state priorities under the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF)
- The LCAP planning process, not only as a compliance document but as part of a broader continuous improvement process.
- The LCAP template, including what each section calls for
1PM - 2PM LCAP Updates
This portion will run through updates and finer points:
- Changes to the LCAP template, including the new budget overview for parents
- Finer points of LCAP drafting, highlighting issues that have attracted critical attention and providing emerging guidance, including on the tricky Demonstration of Increased and Improved Services section.
- Support resources for the LCAP planning process
2PM - 3PM LCAP Federal Addendum, Performance Indicator Review, and CSI & ATSI
Each of these three topics pertains to some but not all charter schools:
- Schools accepting federal funding must now prepare an LCAP federal addendum by July 1.
- Due to a recent change, many more LEAs (about 65% of them) now need to complete “Performance Indicator Review” planning requirements.
- LEAs identified for Comprehensive Support and Improvement or Additional Targeted Support and Improvement must meet specified planning requirements as part of a new federal accountability process.
We will present an overview of each of these items and will present ways to collaborate on them.
Please register by Thursday, March 28, 2019. This webinar is available at no-cost to active CSDC School Members only. Attendance of this webinar is limited to 500 participants.