Support California Communities
How Can You Support Communities Impacted by the California Fires?
As the wildfires in California continue, we at CSDC are deeply concerned for those affected. To further the state-wide recovery efforts across our California charter school community, we would like to share the various ways you may be able to help.
CSDC urges you to assist with the rebuilding, relocation, and recovery of the thousands affected by these fires. Any amount of time or money, whether large or small, will surely make an impact. Please also consider sharing these links within your own networks.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Assist Charter School Communities
- The California Charter Schools Association is coordinating a fundraising site to support the Paradise and Butte County school communities.
- North Valley Community Foundation is a local foundation in the Paradise and Butte county areas that supports charitable giving efforts, with strong ties to the charter community.
Volunteer Your Services
- Offer an evacuee or a firefighter a free place to stay through Airbnb.
- Volunteer through Caring Choices in Butte County. More information can be found here.
- Volunteer to assist the Humane Society of Ventura County here with their animal rescue efforts. Specific volunteer skills needed, and instructions to sign up, can be found here.
- Volunteer at the Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation. More information can be found here.
- Additional volunteer opportunities are posted on California Volunteers.
- Donate non-perishable food items to the Salvation Army Ventura Corps.
- Purchase from Baby2Baby’s Target.com registry to help families get the basic supplies they need. Visit their registry here.
- Visit the Butte Humane Society’s Amazon wish list here.
- Donate supplies to the MaeDay Dog Rescue in Los Angeles. Their registry is here.
- Purchase needed items from the Humane Society of Ventura County’s Amazon wish list here.
- Contribute directly to the California Fire Foundation. Donate here.
- Donate to the SAVE program here.
- Donate to the United Way of Greater Los Angeles's disaster relief fund.
- Donate to the California South Division of the Salvation Army (more info here) to assist those impacted by the Hill and Woolsey fires. Donations can be made online here.
- Donate to the Firefighters Charitable Foundation here.
- Donate to the Red Cross at www.redcross.org to support for fire victims. Or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make an automatic $10 donation.
- Donate to the Ventura County Community Foundation’s Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire Sudden and Urgent Needs Effort Fund here.
- Donate to Direct Relief, which helps provide resources to healthcare agencies and first responders here.
- Donate through GlobalGiving here.
- Donate to the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Fire Relief Fund to help those affected here.
- Donate directly to the Los Angeles Fire Department here.
- Donate to Caring Choices in Butte County here.
- Visit GoFundMe pages to directly help people affected by the fires here.
Support Animal Rescue
- Donate to the Humane Society of Ventura County as they continue to rescue animals evacuating from the Hill and Woolsey fires here.
- Contribute to the Emergency Animal Rescue Fund here, coordinated by the Humane Society of the United States.
- Donate to the North Valley Animal Disaster Group here.
- Donate to the Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation. More info here.
- Donate to the Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA here.
If you’ve lost a pet or you know someone who has, you can check out or post a photo on the California Wildfire Pets page on Facebook.
Gain complete access to chartercenter.org and to the ongoing operational support we provide to CSDC Members.
Not quite ready to join? We’d recommend that you…
Receive announcements from CSDC and gain access to select chartercenter.org content by creating a non-member account.